6. WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING MEMORY
One of the quickest and easiest ways to identify the right memory modules and expansion options for your computer is to use a memory configurator. Like some of the other major memory manufacturers, Kingston makes a memory configurator available. You can access Kingston’s configurator through their home page at www.kingston.com.
The most important thing to ensure when buying memory is compatibility with your system. In addition, you’ll need to decide how much memory you need and beyond that lie considerations of price, quality, availability, service, and warranty. This section helps you address these important decision factors and helps you answer questions like these:
- How much memory do I need?
- How much memory will my system recognize?
- What kind of memory is compatible with my system?
- How many sockets are open and how should I fill them?
- How do I determine the quality of memory?
- What should I know about memory prices?
- What other issues should I consider?