This chapter provides an introduction to logarithms (real and complex),decibels, and number systems such as binary integer fixed-point, fractional fixed-point, one's complement, two's complement, logarithmic fixed-point,-law, and floating-point number formats.
FIXME: HERE HERE HERE
- Linear Number Systems for Digital Audio
- Pulse Code Modulation (PCM)
- Binary Integer Fixed-Point Numbers
- Fractional Binary Fixed-Point Numbers
- How Many Bits are Enough for Digital Audio?
- When Do We Have to Swap Bytes When Changing Computers?
- Logarithmic Number Systems for Digital Audio
- Appendix A: Round-Off Error Variance
- Appendix B: Electrical Engineering 101