The examples below give a progression from the most simplistic analysis up to a proper practical treatment. Careful study of these examples will teach you a lot about how spectrum analysis is carried out on real data, and provide opportunities to see the Fourier theorems in action.
- Example 1: FFT of a Simple Sinusoid
- Example 2: FFT of a Not-So-Simple Sinusoid
- Example 3: FFT of a Zero-Padded Sinusoid
- Example 4: Blackman Window
- Example 5: Use of the Blackman Window
- Example 6: Hanning-Windowed Complex Sinusoid